Chris Schedel is a photographer, and this blog is used to introduce new photographs, drawings, thoughts, reviews, and links to other people's art. Enjoy!

Monday, May 18, 2009

New Work

Here is the first work sample from the many new photographs I have made for my project Coming Home Never Felt So Good... This particular photo was made near Swanton, Ohio; west of Toledo. It was the first time I have actually seen any physical indicators of the effects that the housing market problems have had on the Midwestern suburbs I have visited over the past couple years. This is the only one I have finished working on so far, and as many of you know, it takes a long time to clean and prepare digital images. I will be posting more as I continue to work on the files.


3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

That looks really cool. Great job!

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nice use of a "Fall" color palette to suggest the "fall of the housing market. I also like the lowish vantage point, which makes the plants seem like they are going to over-grow the building even though they are also dead and brown. It will be interesting to see how you fold this image, and others like it, into the series. My only concern is that a lot of people are making pictures like this right now. The crumbling of the American dream is sort of an easy target. I think the best of your work shows the redemptive value of the suburbs. Not that pictures like this can't fit in, but I think you should avoid being too condescending.

3:02 PM

 
Blogger Sarah Baranski said...

nice chris! it's good to see new work.

10:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home